[Dev] Smooth transition upgrade of efl-1.9 into Tizen:Common (was: Re: Update EFL code to latest)

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Tue May 13 16:44:47 GMT 2014

Hi,

efl-1.9.3 about to land in Tizen:Common,
most downstream efl-1.7 patches will be dropped in this step.

For more details and feedback please use bugtracker :

https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-737
Wish: follow upstream efl to latest stable release (efl-1.9)

I've tested the whole profile using those changes and seems ok :
https://github.com/eurogiciel-oss/openTizen_manifest_addon/blob/master/Tizen/Common/devel/manifest_fix.xml

But to move on, I am looking for action of maintainers of the remaining
packages,

to ensure smooth transition those can be merged before upgrade
(later will work too, but let's try to avoid breakage)...

*** calculator

https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/status:open+project:apps/core/preloaded/calculator,n,z
Please merge the positive patches and submit it
https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TINF-581# Looking for "Domain:
Applications" maintainers

*** cert-svc-ui

https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/core/security/cert-svc-ui.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tizen
Please submit this tizen branch

*** elm-misc efl-theme-tizen

RE, Please accept those changes I submitted this week

*** efl, elementary, weekeyboard

No problem, I am co-maintaining them and will happend in 2d (last batch)
I can also help co-maintaining the upper packages too

Potential issues :

wrt is no more supported in Tizen:Common ATM (wayland-only)

For packages used only in IVI profile
  I have other changes not yet pushed to merge
and will take care of them
once efl-1.9 is accepted in Tizen:Common,
please raise bugs I'll see how can I help...

weekeyboard fails to work
(Note weston keyboard is used by default, so will be fixed later by
en/dis/abling ibus)
https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-658

By the way there other changes from me to be reviewed (more or less
related) :
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/owner:philippe.coval%2540eurogiciel.fr+status:open,n,z
(ignore weekeyboard unless you care of it)

Best regards and see you on efl-1.10 ;)

--
  mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC
  xmpp:philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com