[Dev] Implementing Security is a pain, why not try to do without ...

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Tue May 13 17:51:55 GMT 2014

Hello,

I have been receiving two links about security weaknesses in the first
Tizen device launched on the market, the Samsung nx3000 camera that I
want to share with you.
If you have a quick look at the reports posted on the following URLs you
will see that it could be better.
I know that it's 'only' a Camera and a very first Tizen based product,
nevertheless I doubt that we want a Tizen car or a phone to be "that" open.

In short, I hope that this very informative reading will help all if us
(including me) who regularly curse our Tizen security constrains and the
extra work that they force on us, to think twice at why we want/need to
enforce a Mandatory Access Control (Smack) and Application Manifest
enforcement in Tizen3, even if that give a bit more work.

Taking the short cut will not be easier.

Enjoy the reading.

   http://op-co.de/blog/posts/hacking_the_nx300/
   https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7711200

--