[Dev] Smooth transition upgrade of efl-1.9 into Tizen:Common (was: Re: Update EFL code to latest)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) tizen at rasterman.com
Tue May 13 23:29:04 GMT 2014

On Tue, 13 May 2014 18:44:47 +0200 Philippe Coval
<philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org> said:

> Hi,
>
> efl-1.9.3 about to land in Tizen:Common,
> most downstream efl-1.7 patches will be dropped in this step.
>
> For more details and feedback please use bugtracker :
>
> https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-737
> Wish: follow upstream efl to latest stable release (efl-1.9)
>
> I've tested the whole profile using those changes and seems ok :
> https://github.com/eurogiciel-oss/openTizen_manifest_addon/blob/master/Tizen/Common/devel/manifest_fix.xml
>
> But to move on, I am looking for action of maintainers of the remaining
> packages,
>
> to ensure smooth transition those can be merged before upgrade
> (later will work too, but let's try to avoid breakage)...
>

> *** calculator
>
> https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/status:open+project:apps/core/preloaded/calculator,n,z
> Please merge the positive patches and submit it
> https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TINF-581# Looking for "Domain:
> Applications" maintainers

reviewed. -1'd on both counts. :)

> *** cert-svc-ui
>
> https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/core/security/cert-svc-ui.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tizen
> Please submit this tizen branch

the edbus header change for the #include looks totally wrong. the pc file
should be providing the -I/usr/include/e_dbus-1 in cflags... so that change
would break were edbus to move to a different dir like /usr/local
or /opt.blah .. this only works because /usr/include is a default path. :)

as for your ecore_x include change.... just remove the include and for
Ecore_X.h - hell the pkgconfig requires doesnt even list ecore-x at all.. so
its amazing/luck that it works. so it's a single line patch to remove than
#include and nothing else (beats me why someone put it there to begin with).

> *** elm-misc efl-theme-tizen
>
> RE, Please accept those changes I submitted this week

i can't see your efl-theme-tizen review requests....

> *** efl, elementary, weekeyboard
>
> No problem, I am co-maintaining them and will happend in 2d (last batch)
> I can also help co-maintaining the upper packages too
>

> Potential issues :
>
> wrt is no more supported in Tizen:Common ATM (wayland-only)
>
> For packages used only in IVI profile
>   I have other changes not yet pushed to merge
> and will take care of them
> once efl-1.9 is accepted in Tizen:Common,
> please raise bugs I'll see how can I help...
>
> weekeyboard fails to work
> (Note weston keyboard is used by default, so will be fixed later by
> en/dis/abling ibus)
> https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-658
>
> By the way there other changes from me to be reviewed (more or less
> related) :
> https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/owner:philippe.coval%2540eurogiciel.fr+status:open,n,z
> (ignore weekeyboard unless you care of it)
>
> Best regards and see you on efl-1.10 ;)

i looked at all of them. :)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <tizen at rasterman.com>