[Dev] enforcing priviliges of web apps

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed May 14 09:35:49 GMT 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 15:49 +0200, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:

> > <l.wojciechow at partner.samsung.com>:
> >         So if I understand it correctly for given diagram:
> >         https://docs.google.com/a/open.eurogiciel.org/drawings/d/1046sK8s0i7jDI0EwKoDckR8l_kLIS9QbE0l-Crks9yg/edit
> >
> >         there are:
> >         * for User 1:
> >         ** 1 browser process
> >         ** 3x2 application processes (3 renderer and 3 extension
> >         processes)
> >         * for User 2:
> >         ** 1 browser process
> >         ** 2x2 application processes (2 renderer and 2 extension
> >         processes)
> >
> >         Total 12 processes.
> >
> >         Do I understand that properly ?
> >

> Better than in Tizen 2 where the full WRT/EFL was re-spawned for each
> application :-)

And worse than in Tizen 2 because the WRT now has to be trusted and
cannot rely on the system to enforce privileges, right?

There's no free lunch. This is just a different tradeoff between
performance and security, and so far we don't seem to have security
covered yet for web apps.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.