[Dev] Common/Generic profile images usability

Roman Kubiak r.kubiak at samsung.com
Wed May 14 14:06:46 GMT 2014

Just to update the Xorg image won't work either, there is only one
driver included in the image for Xorg and that's the intel_drv.so (bit
selfish i think) no fbdev or vmware drivers are present so Xorg will
never start.
Also i can't any service in systemctl that could be some sort of a
windows manager.

best regards
Roman Kubiak

On 05/14/2014 03:59 PM, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:

> Le 14/05/2014 15:38, Roman Kubiak a écrit :
>> I got the images running before (the IVI profile) on VMware, so
>> VMware itself is not an issue.
>> My question was really, SHOULD I see something in the image, is there
>> a UI in the common profile at all or is this a bare bones sort of OS
>> image that contains no UI experience at all.
> When booting Tizen Common you should have a test UX (basic Weston)
> with several user pre-logged on the system.
> The background show the sea and several islands.
>>

>> My question about Xorg is still not answered, what is the UI for Xorg
>> i should expec t to find in the common image (is there some sort of
>> default WM that should launch?)
> We currently do not build a Tizen Common for X but only Wayland 32 and
> 64 nits for IA and 32 bits for ARM (work in progress)
> If someone is interested to take the responsibility of building and
> maintain X Common images, thanks to speak up.
>
> Regards
>
> Dominig

  Roman Kubiak