[Dev] Common/Generic profile images usability

VanCutsem, Geoffroy geoffroy.vancutsem at intel.com
Wed May 14 17:15:31 GMT 2014

Quick update:

I got the Tizen Common Weston desktop up and running under VMware using this image: http://download.tizen.org/releases/daily/tizen/common/common-wayland-x86_64/tizen_20140513.6/

The quickest way is to modify the /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file and add 'security=none' to the kernel command-line (workaround for https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TIVI-2964), a more permanent workaround (but not a complete fix) would be to modify the kernel config to have vmwgfx built-in (instead of a module). I have also verified that such modifications solves the issue (and you can keep security turned on in that case which you really really want).

I can push a patch to have 'vmwgfx' built-in to Tizen Common. In general, it may be good to re-use some of the specific kernel configs that are described here also in the Tizen Common kernel: https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/IVI/artem-kernel#Kernel_configuration (look for those that are documented as useful for VMware).

Geoffroy