[Dev] Which Com are used to implement services required by WebAPI.

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed May 14 17:46:56 GMT 2014

On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 18:12 +0200, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> this is taken from the WRT which is the one running in Tizen IVI 14.1
> not from Mobile.

Yes, and therefore it shows what was *feasible* at that time from a
project perspective, and not what is *desirable*. Basically the WRT was
inherited wholesale from Mobile and only the absolutely critical work
(like adapting the Contact API to the IVI stack, see
https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TIVI-1407) was done.

> Email was not used in the WebAPI on IVI.

Nor calendar. The whole dependency on calendar-service is unintentional.
If we had done the same thing as Samsung did for Tizen on smart watches,
the calendar API probably would have been disabled on IVI to keep the
image leaner and more tailored towards the actual required
functionality.

> Call history (as used by Modelo) is by pass a "phoned service" which
> does a mix between BlueZ and OBEX to get the info.
> The phoned CAPI where not listeed because that work was done on the side
> in order to get the Modello UI to work and is currently under
> integration in Tizen IVI.

Where can one find more information about this work?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.