[Dev] Building Tizen with Yocto tool initial delivery

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Wed May 14 19:38:59 GMT 2014

Hello;

We have been working for a few months with my  team on adding the
capability of building Tizen with the Yocto tools.
Now that we have reached a first step where we can create a Tizen3 core
image with the Smack security enabled, we would like to share with you
our code to get your feedback and confirm if the solution is of interest.

An initial Wiki page had been created and will be enriched during the
coming days.
   https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Tizen_on_yocto

Note : To upload the source code from Tizen git you  need to a Tizen
login (open to all and free) and configure your git to use your private key.
https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/2.2.0/org.tizen.platform.development/html/platform_dev_env/gerrit_ssh.htm

The developers of Tizen-Yocto are reachable on the Tizen Dev mailing list.

The work is in progress but we plan to be able to get soon Tizen Common
built that way and in a second phase Tizen IVI.
    https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Common

If you like/hate the idea, thanks to let us know.
If you find that we are too slow, join and help.

Regards

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect