[Dev] Understanding Cynara scope.

Kis, Zoltan zoltan.kis at intel.com
Thu May 15 10:48:08 GMT 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Jussi Laako
<jussi.laako at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On 14.5.2014 18:16, Schaufler, Casey wrote:
>>
>> You can't seriously be suggesting that TwitterBirds and
>> BankOfElbonia run in the same thread at the same time.
>> Thread reuse is acceptable so long as the environment
>> is appropriately reset between applications. (I personally
>> find the practice abhorrent. We have fork() and exec()
>> for good reasons.)
>

> Even with threads I see sharing the same memory space (for tabs, etc) as a
> big problem. Unfortunately this is a common problem for browsers...

Crosswalk is using separate processes (not threads) for app/renderer,
extension process and browser process. Security involves the extension
process for checks (unless it's done on lower layers), and the browser
process to present user dialog on permissions.