[Dev] Understanding Cynara scope.

José Bollo jose.bollo at open.eurogiciel.org
Thu May 15 13:40:59 GMT 2014

On gio, 2014-05-15 at 14:47 +0200, Lukasz Wojciechowski wrote:
(snip)
> In case of check that will need to popup some dialog for user - cynara
> will launch such popup and return answer for check after user
> interaction with popup.
> Probably in most cases such popup won't be needed as result of check
> will be ALLOW or DENY.
> All these special policy types other than ALLOW or DENY will be defined
> in plugins for cynara.
> In currently being merged cynara-bootstrap version You won't find it.
> In next stable version (first based on cynara daemon) planned for 1st
> half on June You won't find it either.
> However it is in scope of our tasks and will be done. I will update
> Cynara wiki page when schedule will be more detailed.
>
> So summing up:
> Cynara will be responsible for launching popups if needed.

Hi Lukasz,

Thank you for that clarification.

I'm enjoining you to contact Manuel of our team. He is working on a
small tools for displaying dialogs, a kind of xdialog for wayland (named
wldialog). It can help to make a quick functional demo.

He can also help you to handle the multi-screen behavior: to what screen
should the dialog be displayed? A good problem no? But needed for IVI.

Best regards
José