[Dev] Common/Generic profile images usability

Roman Kubiak r.kubiak at samsung.com
Thu May 15 14:42:17 GMT 2014

Helo again.

I ditched vmware due to licensing issues for now, but thank you for the
help i know how to fix it and i understand how to get things running.

I jumped to our own emulator based on qemu (there is a very fresh piece
of code on tizen.org). I got it to build and run the Common image,
weston shows up but starting anything is causing a segfault in the
tz-launcher process.
Though i was not able to start weston with the DRM backend, it's running
on fbdev. The VIGS/Yagl implementation in the kernel/qemu might not be
wayland ready, but the FBDEV stuff seems to work fine. I don't know what
tz-launcher is doing that it's doing a segfault, i was able to start a
weston terminal and that seems to work.

The small fix i had to do was adding the display user to the video
group. Also the kernel for the emulator needs to be rebuilt (the default
config in the emulator-kernel repo assumes that the root disk is
/dev/vda and has that hard-coded in a minimal initramfs that builds with
the kernel)

Could someone tell me if tz-launcher might need DRM and that's why it's
crashing or is that something else i'd need to check ?

best regards