[Dev] Activation of ARM Arch support in Tizen3

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Sun May 18 09:08:18 GMT 2014

 On 05/16/2014 10:25 AM, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that we have reactivated the build of Tizen3 for
ARM 32 bits architecture.

The initial goal is to create a Common image for an ARM easy to purchase
hacker board. the current candidate is the Odroid-U3
I am quite convinced that he community will add support for other boards in
a second phase.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odroid

http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/12/23/hardkernel-unveils-59-odroid-u3-board-powered-by-exynos-4412-prime-quad-core-soc/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=hardkernel-unveils-59-odroid-u3-board-powered-by-exynos-4412-prime-quad-core-soc&utm_reader=feedly

Once that phase passed, we will work on the creation of a Tizen IVI ARM
target. I hope that we will get the support of an IVI vendor to create a
reference image for a device which is closer to the IVI needs, in a similar
way of what is done in IA with the VTC1010. Any volunteer ?

Hi

Would I suggest to evaluate this openhardware board,

https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A20/

I have one home for DIY
and will be excited to make Tizen:Common running on it..

The interesting point here is that SOC ships ARM mali GPU
which is the same familly as tizen mobile rdpq / rd210

Not to mention, that I met those bulgarian at fosdem 2014,
and they supporting FLOSS communities...

Let me add my hacker friend leon in the loop
who will be at TDC too...

99% chances he will see benefits on helping to get arm
support for Tizen:Common

https://fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/tozen_home/

https://fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/olinuxino/

https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/ivi/2014-May/002490.html