[Dev] Understanding Cynara scope.

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon May 19 07:32:55 GMT 2014

On Mon, 2014-05-19 at 07:09 +0000, Zhang, Xu U wrote:
> > So summing up:
> > Cynara will be responsible for launching popups if needed.
> [Zhang Xu ] The popups should be happed on application's installation.
> Web and native app should parser the manifest firstly, and pass the
> permissions to Cynara library to pop up dialog, right?

When Cynara asks is entirely up to Cynara. It is *not* limited to
installation time, at least not conceptually. There is an explicit
parameter in the API for services which is meant to allow granting
access temporarily (see the "Cynara session ID" mail thread), which
implies popping up a dialog at runtime when that access needs to be
granted the first time or be renewed.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.