[Dev] libcynara API

Zhang, Xu U xu.u.zhang at intel.com
Mon May 19 11:58:35 GMT 2014

[Zhang Xu ] Below is my personal consideration, which maybe not correct.
1. How crosswalk call libcynara?
 There are two phase to call libcynara.
 a. One is for registering application's permission, which is happed when installing, updating and removing an web application. The permission or policy DB should be maintained by Cynara. The installer will call libcynara to update policy DB.
 b. The other is for checking permission when an sensitive web API is called in runtime. For Tizen device APIs, extension process should call SAPI(which call libcynary) to check. But for W3C APIs which run in browser process, browser process may call libcynary directly or send an IPC message to some plugin which will call libcynary.
2. Is the synchronous API good enough?
For the cases I list above, I think synchronous API is enough.
3. Is the thread-safety outlined above going to be relied upon or irrelevant?
I need more time to get a clear answer on this question.
4. Do you need check cancellation?
No.
5. If you need something asynchronous, what drives the main event loop?
I don't think crosswalk need asynchronous API from Cynary.