[Dev] libcynara API

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon May 19 19:25:30 GMT 2014

On Mon, 2014-05-19 at 19:18 +0000, Schaufler, Casey wrote:
> > I can't spawn a thread either to handle the call, because libcynara is not
> > documented to be thread-safe. I don't want to make assumptions about
> > what I may or may not do with threads.
>
> You can count on libcynara being thread safe.

What happens when one thread calls cynara_finish() while another is in
cynara_check()?

I can imagine multiple outcomes, some less pleasant than others.
Whatever the outcome is, please document it.

> > I'll stop here, because that's the show-stopper for me.
>
> OK, that's all you needed to ask.

You seem to assume that adding multithreading to a process is trivial. I
don't agree, but okay, let's assume that it is.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.