[Dev] New Tizen Bluetooth Framwork (NTB) wiki page

Xu, Martin martin.xu at intel.com
Tue May 20 17:01:16 GMT 2014

Hi Tom:
I hope below comments can help you. :)
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Counihan, Tom
> Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2014 23:59
> To: Counihan, Tom; Kis, Zoltan; Xu, Martin
> Cc: dev at lists.tizen.org; Liu, Bingwei
> Subject: RE: [Dev] New Tizen Bluetooth Framwork (NTB) wiki page
>
> Any thoughts on the 2 questions below?
In fact, oFono, ConnMan and BlueZ is designed to co-work seamlessly from beginning.
So HFP AG/HF, NAP(tethering), can be achieved from the three projects well. And I do not think it should go through Bluetooth CAPI.
The HFP AG CAPI is designed for Samsung's telephony stack, and it only be used at Samsung Tizen Mobile. At IVI, we use oFono to provides the HFP HF feature, so if you are working on the features at IVI, just use Dbus API from oFono is OK. Of course, if you want to wrap HFP DBus API like CAPI(lib) like what we ever did at MeeGo, is also good, since that is easy for user to use compared to introduce much extra code to call Dbus.

So as to NAP(Tethering), it is exported from ConnMan, and Tizen use Mobile-AP-Agent to wrap the ConnMan interface, and we are working on WiNet project to optimize it. currently, you can just use Mobile-AP-Agent. I think that part IVI can share Tizen Mobile work.

Thanks!