[Dev] Mesa will be updated to 10.1.2 from 9.2.1

Wang, Quanxian quanxian.wang at intel.com
Wed May 21 07:51:29 GMT 2014

From: Philippe Coval [mailto:philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:10 PM
To: Wang, Quanxian; Eoff, Ullysses A
Cc: dev at lists.tizen.org
Subject: Re: [Dev] Mesa will be updated to 10.1.2 from 9.2.1

On 05/21/2014 04:11 AM, Wang, Quanxian wrote:
I have checked the installed image(tizen-ivi-20140519.12) and check all the libraries which depend mesa, mesa-libEGL, mesa-libGLESv2, mesa-libglapi(built from my branch mesa-10.1.3). And at last found the root cause.

I miss installing libgbm packages which is built out by mesa!!!!
best is to rebuild everything possible to make sure nothing is left
Could the obs be used for temporary works like this ?
[Wang, Quanxian] Could be. It will create a temporary repo for your special branch and do the matched or linked from official repo, only packages which has special branch will be private for this repo. But I don’t think RE or OBS administrator like that ☺  except that some big project which contains more important packages to be changed and need cooperation together.
Generally for one package, just build it and any packages depends on that and try them in current image. For most packages, they use dynamic link instead of static link for library loading. If has no big changes, don’t need to build all for upgrading.

In this time of upgrading, I don’t know why I miss libgbm. When I found libgbm dependency, I suddenly know that libgbm is also a package built from mesa. ☺ So everything is in order.

By the way, I will cleanup the original mesa commit log because more commits are cherried pick from mesa-10.x and more changes for x dependency.
Yes managing untracked downstream patches can be painfull to maintainers
but I invite you to track skiped patches, that's what I did  when Bumping to 10.1.3
see commit message ...
I will put this in my talk at TdcSf2014 , come and see :)

You will see a clean commit list for mesa-10.1.3. It will be helpful for following upgrade of mesa.
is sandbox/pcoval/devel  missing thing ?
[Wang, Quanxian] No. but the commit information seems messed.

https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/upstream/mesa.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/sandbox/pcoval/devel

to the safer way to do this

git remote add from $upstream_url
git fetch --all --tags
git co upstream
git reset --hard v10.1.3
git push --tags

git co tizen
git rebase -i sandox/pcoval/devel
git rebase --skip # loop and skip conflicts patches
[Wang, Quanxian] This is useful. Thanks

git rebase -i upstream # and double check everything is there :)
# you should remove that latest hack patch
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/upstream/mesa.git;a=commitdiff;h=191ac8362e5bae34f0f67d59f0f4aa2c2e38c479;hp=2653481593dc892864a588584d8d6d07abb0ad88

git push --all

And lazier way if you trust me (a bit too much) :

git co tizen
git reset --hard sandbox/pcoval/devel
git cherry-pick # the interesting patches in remotes/origin/tizen
[Wang, Quanxian] Maybe I could have a try privately. ☺

Keep tune.

Thanks for everyone’s help.
Special thanks to Eoff, Ullysses A and Philippe Coval ‘s great help.

You're welcome...

Then, I will also have to upgrade the libva packages + efl
and tizen will have an up to date graphics stack

waiting to be granted to ATM :
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/21286/

PS: do you prefer using mailing llist or bug tracker ?
I have a preference for later one ...
[Wang, Quanxian] bug tracker will be better for track. Mailing list will be fine for discussion. ☺

--

 mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC

 xmpp:philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com<mailto:xmpp:philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com>

 https://dockr.eurogiciel.fr/blogs/embedded/author/pcl/