[Dev] libcynara API

José Bollo jose.bollo at open.eurogiciel.org
Wed May 21 07:51:44 GMT 2014

Hi,

I would like to share one reflexion about that thread and ask you one
question.

In its last mail, Patrick wrote:

> Again, this is not absolutely required. It's more important to make
> service developers aware if it is not possible.

In my humble understanding, it summarize many. It was possible to let
users of cynara deal with a NOT-multi-threaded design by letting them
write the wrapper. But it is definitely better to provide it.

My question is: suppose that my client is not multi-threaded, is it
possible to use a cynara library that dont have all the code and checks
needed by multi-threaded case?

This question is not linked to Cynara but more general.

Does someone know how to do it?

For source files, I usually test _REENTRANT in programs but in
libraries...

How to produce a dual library? Is it possible to write:

#if defined(_REENTRANT)
#define cynara_check cynara_check_mt
#endif

Best regards