[Dev] Help needed to progress ARM build for Tizen3

Roman Kubiak r.kubiak at samsung.com
Thu May 22 09:34:10 GMT 2014

I was able to build a working image for the M0 target (Samsung GalaxyIII
wannabe), minor issues i faced
- the gpu-intel tools is part of command line utils in patterns of the
original common image i had to remove that
- crosswalk is not there and is part of the patterns file for common
(had to remove that)

It works on FBDEV with kernel 3.10 from tizen.org. The user display has
to be part of the video group to be able to access the device.

On 05/20/2014 06:32 PM, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are facing some difficulties in re-boot strapping Tizen3 Common for
> ARM.
> We did an initial bootstrap using Tizen Mobile and that has allowed us
> to build almost all Tizen3 Common packages (only 8 out of 738 are
> still not building).
>
> But now in order to get a clean built, we want to self-re-bootstrap
> the ARMrepoand we are facing difficulties with glibcand a few other
> packages.
> We would need help to fix the glibc build issue first as we expect
> that the same fix will work for the other packages.
> Our configuration uses OBS workers with KVM.
>
> Our build issue can be seen here:
> https://build.tizen.org/package/live_build_log?arch=armv7l&package=glibc&project=Tizen%3ACommon&repository=arm-wayland
> <https://build.tizen.org/package/live_build_log?arch=armv7l&package=glibc&project=Tizen%3ACommon&repository=arm-wayland>
>
> The error is very strange:
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/glibc-2.18/cc-base/iconv/iconvconfig:
> error while loading shared libraries:
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/glibc-2.18/cc-base/iconv/iconvconfig:
> failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
>
> We think that the error is due to a package that is missing in a
> alternative architecture (e.g. IA32) during the boot strap process and
> the sharelib load fails due to the Arch mismatch but we might be wrong.
> We have no clue on how to correct the issue.
>
> Do you have any idea how to progress ?
> Does someone know how to bootstrap ARM on an OBS ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> --
> Dominig ar Foll
> Senior Software Architect