[Dev] pulseaudio 5.0

Uimonen, Jaska jaska.uimonen at intel.com
Thu May 22 12:50:11 GMT 2014

Hello,

We are about to release pulseaudio 5.0 to Tizen. You can find
the release candidate tree in gerrit as "devel" branch.

I have cleaned/merged a lot of small packaging related patches,
so they are not visible anymore in the new tree's log. Anyway
the old changes should be included.

The structure of the tree is similar as with previous 4.0 version:
- tizen packaging and configuration
- couple of cherry picks from upstream after 5.0
- intel patches (including new volume api patches)
- samsung patches (mainly for mobile)
- bluetooth hfp patches for bluez5 (not upstream yet)
- pulseaudio 5.0 tag

I'm going to force push the tizen branch, because it has
been heavily rebased and has new patches. Upstream branch
will be of cource updated, but we should not need force push
there.

If you have something you want to add to the release
or there's something you don't like, please let me know.
We will do some more QA testing and try to release at the
end of May.

I would appreciate if at least common vertical could
give it a try and see what happens. You might need to
tag pulseaudio v5.0 point as upstream/5.0 in your local
branch to make gbs happy. I didn't want yet to push
upstream update (because I'm not 100% sure I will cause
some horrible chaos)

br,
Jaska Uimonen
Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki