[Dev] Help needed to progress ARM build for Tizen3

Roman Kubiak r.kubiak at samsung.com
Thu May 22 15:24:08 GMT 2014

I haven't really followed any already existing WIKI pages, i just
followed my experience. Below is a quick guide on how i got that running:

Mirror the current Live repository with ARM rpms for Tizen common:
http://download.tizen.org/live/Tizen:/Common/arm-wayland/

Once that's done you need to make sure that the package mic-bootstrap is
in the repository (once it was missing from the downloaded repository, i
copied some other ARM profile on download.tizen.org)

The repository needs to be rebuilt, download two XML files:
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/common-wayland-ia32/latest/repos/common/ia32/packages/repodata/group.xml
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/common-wayland-ia32/latest/repos/common/ia32/packages/repodata/patterns.xml

and place them in the repodata directory of the downloaded structure.
# cp patterns.xml group.xml repodata/

I had to edit the patterns.xml and remove the <rpm:entry
name="intel-gpu-tools"/> tag (it causes a dependency problem for mic
later on)

To rebuild the repository data, cd into the directory that you
downloaded and run (you need the createrepo package)
# createrepo -g repodata/groups.xml .
# modifyrepo repodata/patterns.xml .

Download the .ks file from the common profile and edit the initial
section, there are 2 entries you need to modify:
(i used the i586 wayland kickstart from
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/common-wayland-ia32/latest/images/common-wayland-mbr-i586/common-wayland-mbr-i586.ks,
but i guess any would work)

repo: change the baseurl to the directory you downloaded the files to:
repo --name=common-wayland_armv7l
--baseurl=file:///media/porucznik/live/common/arm-wayland/ --ssl_verify=no

packages: i had to add some M0 specific packages to later get the USB
connection up and running in network mode:

%packages

@Common Base
@Common Console Tools
@Common Packaging
@Common Wayland
@Common Adaptation
@Common Middleware
@Common Applications
@Common Bluetooth
@Common Desktop Applications
@Common Qt5
usb-server
usbutils
sdbd
security-server
%end

Run mic as root or via sudo (replace KICKSTART_FILE with the path to you
kickstart and OUTPUT_DIRECTORY to a directory where you want the
resulting image to placed)

# mic create loop KICKSTART_FILE -A armv7l -o OUTPUT_DIRECTORY

This will create a .img file tizen-common.img, rename it to
platform.img, cd into the directory the resulting platform.img gile is
in and run this small script (as root)

#! /bin/bash

for imgfile in *.img; do
     echo -en "$imgfile: "
     echo -en "fsck "
     e2fsck -p -f $imgfile > /dev/null

     size=$(resize2fs -P $imgfile 2>/dev/null | awk '{ print $NF }')
     size=$((size*110/100))

     echo -en "resize2fs ($size)"
     resize2fs $imgfile $size 1>/dev/null 2> /dev/null

     echo
done

echo "Tar"
tar cf image.tar *.img
echo "Done"
ls -al image.tar

This will produce a file image.tar you can lthor to your device:
# lthor image.tar

(it will overwrite the / partition only, you should leave the 3.10
kernel and modules that were on the device).

That's it. To build the kernel use the 3.10 repository from tizen.org,
but to get that working is a different set of instructions to follow.

best regards.

  Roman Kubiak