[Dev] User ID allocation

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu May 22 16:14:33 GMT 2014

Em qui 22 maio 2014, às 17:59:44, Michal Witanowski escreveu:
> In the first scenario UID are shifted at the image build time, so after
> first system boot everything is set up correctly (we don't need any
> additional shifts here). Migration will be more tricky: firstly we will dump
> current host image, shift UIDs of file system (by n x 10000) and then flash
> a minimal Tizen image and install our daemon whose UID will match the one
> existing in the containers. This is required because of dbus authorization
> mechanism. If we won't ensure the UID for our demon is free, the
> communication between the containers will fail.

>From the original post, the need for having the same UID comes from the fact
that you're using D-Bus communication to a session bus. The bus daemon
enforces that all sockets come from processes under the same UID.

However, that doesn't explain why a system daemon is connecting to a user's
session bus. That should never happen. Only services inside the session should
connect to the session bus.

In any case, I still don't understand the problem. You're talking about a pair
of UIDs and flashing the device...