[Dev] Tizen:Common can boot on armv7l sunxi ~ Re: Activation of ARM Arch support in Tizen3

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Thu May 22 17:07:59 GMT 2014

Hi,

I wanted to share some progress about ARM port of Tizen:Common

As reported at :

https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/dev/2014-May/002817.html

I own an OLinuXino A20 and managed to boot the Tizen-3 using :

1/ my own cooked kernel (based on profile/common/kernel-common 3.14 LTS)

   bash-4.2# cat /proc/version

   Linux version 3.15.0-rc5-14278-gc8e27d3-dirty (pcoval at pcoval) \
    (gcc version 4.7.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1) ) \
     #37 SMP Thu May 22 17:22:26 CEST 2014

2/ generated rootfs using mic from repos and  unselected packages :

   - removed intel arch support packages (va, drm)
   - crosswalk is not shipped in the image yet (FTBFS)

3/ minors hacks but should be possible to script or document at least

Support is very basic ATM, but validates that OBS's armv7l target is OK
(thx sdx)

Notes :

- It does miss display (none, no fb, no wl, nothing, nada just ssh or
serial uart)
- Smack seems to work as expected,
- unsure about hw support : ie no audio yet , I haven't tested much ...

So any sunxi hacker feel free to test and improve my updated files at :

https://github.com/rzr/tizen-sunxi

I plan to merge it later to Leon Anavi community project...

Also I can share demo sdcard images, just request it by email
or find me a demo at TdcSf2014, I'll bring my toys...

Next, I plan to investigate on GPU (MALI) support (kernel downgrade?
legal issues)...
Also having access to an odroid samsung exynos target would help too... ;)

Stay tuned ..