[Dev] [Tizen Common] Release announce - daily images

Stéphane Desneux stephane.desneux at open.eurogiciel.org
Thu May 22 22:09:44 GMT 2014

Hi Patrick,

-qa-unsafe-* images are equivalent to their counterpart (without -qa-unsafe)
with a few extra tools & setup to allow automated QA tests:
- some needed packages to run QA scripts: testkit-lite, screen, which (see
pattern "Common Automated QA" in profile/common/meta)
- a ssh setup for root that allows a non-interactive login with a specific key
(see profile/common/meta/scripts/common-autoqa.post)

The image is tagged 'qa' because of the 3 extra tools we don't want to have in
the usual release.

And it's tagged 'unsafe' because anyone can log as root without entering a
password, if the appropriate key (which is known) is copied on ssh client side.

So there's no functional difference between the two images: being as close as
possible is even a requirement, as we don't want to run QA tests on -qa-unsafe
images that would give different results on the 'official' image.

Feel free to pick the one you prefer. For daily usage, the -qa-unsafe image is
handy, even if no QA is done on it.

Best regards,
--
Stéphane Desneux