[Dev] User ID allocation

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri May 23 16:23:10 GMT 2014

Em sex 23 maio 2014, às 10:16:31, Piotr Bartosiewicz escreveu:
> And the second example where we want the ID to be statically reserved:
> We want the root (userID=0) inside container to be mapped to the user ID=Z
> in the host. We can't afford to chown almost every file in the
> containers tizen
> system to the newly created user on the host - it takes too long. If we
> would
> know the userID while creating the containers image then no action would be
> needed while installing this container.

I'm sorry, I'm not following you. I guess the problem is that I am not
familiar with the containers solution -- what it does, how it does it, what it
requires. You're referencing knowledge I don't have.

>From my point of view, you're also contradicting yourself. At first, you want a
1-to-1 mapping of UIDs, but then you want to map UID to something different
(zero and non-zero). I'm sure I'm missing something.

Let me try this: are you saying people will download something that installs
on device with UID different from theirs and different from root's? That is, you
need to know what UID it will be in order to create the package?