[Dev] [Tizen Common] No daily release today (but a lot of updates coming!)

Stéphane Desneux stephane.desneux at open.eurogiciel.org
Fri May 23 22:47:32 GMT 2014

Hello,

As you probably noticed, we didn't publish the daily release of Tizen:Common today.

Big updates have been done on the project yesterday and today:
- multiuser migration "phase 1" complete
   => hardcoded paths removed on 50+ packages
- migration to EFL 1.9.3
- setup of a new build repository and images for 32bits emulator (SDK)
- armv7l build 99.58% done (3 failures / 731 packages)
   => crosswalk still fails
   => at the frequency of 1 build every 2 hours, it takes long to fix...
- support of RDP (remote desktop protocol) in weston
   => not enforced on every profile inheriting Tizen:Common
   => activated with _with_rdp flag in OBS project config
- removal of obsolete packages

The counterpart of those new features is that it took longer to rebuild
everything for all architectures and fix the remaining errors. As a consequence,
the necessary QA checks for releasing couldn't be completed in time.

So we expect to publish a well tested release on next Monday (May,26th 2014).

Regards,
--
Stéphane Desneux
Intel OTC - Vannes/FR