[Dev] Common/Generic profile images usability

Stanislav Vorobiov s.vorobiov at samsung.com
Mon May 26 06:37:36 GMT 2014

Hi,

What kind of upstream are we talking about exactly ? emulator-yagl is a user-mode OpenGL implementation which we use in qemu, it has no upstream,
it's a project of it's own. There're upstreams for qemu and kernel however and we haven't tried to push anything there, but what difference does it make ?
Even if qemu and kernel parts of YaGL/VIGS were in upstream, you would still had to manage emulator-yagl package as you do now.

>it seems to me that patching the various components is creating a number of issues that could be avoided.
IMHO for emulator user-space we only need to install emulator-yagl instead of mesa, what else do we need to patch ?