[Dev] New Tizen Bluetooth Framwork (NTB) wiki page

VanCutsem, Geoffroy geoffroy.vancutsem at intel.com
Mon May 26 11:06:31 GMT 2014

I *think* I've understood that the CAPI provided by NTB will cover the various and different needs of all profiles. Exactly how it does it is not clear to me yet. Do you have an API that's been defined already that you could add to the wiki. It would help clarify many questions.

We need to have a clear recommendation on what APIs people should use. Going through the thread, it appears that one would be missing out on some key multi-user and security check and enforcement points if by-passing NTB and going straight to BlueZ, ConnMan, oFono, etc. as you suggest. If true, we shouldn't advise people to do it. Even leaving the multi-user and security aspects aside for a minute, I'd be concerned by having two distinct entities trying to manage the same set of services independently. There are some operations that fail today is you use 'connmanctl' while 'net-config' is running.

Will you provide a utility (similar to what 'connmanctl' provides for ConnMan) that users and developers can leverage when no UI is available?

> So as to NAP(Tethering), it is exported from ConnMan, and Tizen use Mobile-
> AP-Agent to wrap the ConnMan interface, and we are working on WiNet
> project to optimize it. currently, you can just use Mobile-AP-Agent. I think
> that part IVI can share Tizen Mobile work.
Same question as above regarding a command-line utility but for WiNet, will you provide one?

Thanks,
Geoffroy
Intel Corporation NV/SA
Kings Square, Veldkant 31
2550 Kontich
RPM (Bruxelles) 0415.497.718.
Citibank, Brussels, account 570/1031255/09