[Dev] New Tizen Bluetooth Framwork (NTB) wiki page

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon May 26 11:34:27 GMT 2014

On Mon, 2014-05-26 at 11:06 +0000, VanCutsem, Geoffroy wrote:
> We need to have a clear recommendation on what APIs people should use.
> Going through the thread, it appears that one would be missing out on
> some key multi-user and security check and enforcement points if
> by-passing NTB and going straight to BlueZ, ConnMan, oFono, etc. as
> you suggest. If true, we shouldn't advise people to do it.

It has be stronger than "advise not to do it": for security checks in
NTB to be effective, by-passing NTB must be prevented by the system. So
either BlueZ, ConnMan, oFono are still accessible to non-privileged
apps, then NTB can't and doesn't need to do any access control (except
for things not available in the underlying services), or they are not,
and NTB is the only supported API for Bluetooth.

Which one is it?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.