[Dev] FW: FW: Re: Separate emulator kernel configs

Sangho Park sangho1206.park at samsung.com
Wed May 28 01:28:42 GMT 2014

Hi, all

I'd talk about the emulator kernel and request to use the default emulator
kernel in IVI emulator.
(Related dev mail : https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/dev/2014-
May/002940.html)

The IVI emulator kernel has used distinct kernel
config(i386_ivi_emul_defconfig) from the default
config(i386_tizen_emul_defconfig). Owing to kernel configs, we have two
build scripts (build_x86.sh & build_x86_ivi.sh). The separation can make
more branches in codes like the abandoned change
(https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/21761)

I think that this is the right time to discuss about one emulator kernel.
In my understanding, the IVI kernel configurations can be included in the
default emulator kernel configuration.

Could you test the default emulator kernel(3.12) can be used in IVI
emulator without problem? If you want to add/remove/modify default kernel
configurations for IVI emulator, let us know. Without any problem, we can
remove the IVI specific emulator-kernel. If a mouse makes a problem, please
check the attached Stanislav's patch, which inserts a udev rule and should
be inserted into IVI platform.

Best Regards,
Sangho Park