[Dev] Smack and xattr relationship - raw flash

Counihan, Tom tom.counihan at intel.com
Wed May 28 10:30:48 GMT 2014

Hi Folks,

Here: http://schaufler-ca.com/description_from_the_linux_source_tree  I read:
" It requires netlabel and works best with file systems that support extended attributes, although xattr support is not strictly required".

I'm curious to learn more the scalability of Smack across filesystems.
The 'not strictly' statement implies a non-issue.
What if my device uses raw flash - will for example ubifs work with Smack as comprehensively as say ext4 on a block device?

Warm Regards
Tom.

INTEL
Automotive Solutions Division (ASD)

Intel Shannon,
Brookvale Plaza,
East Park,
Shannon,
Co. Clare,
Ireland

Tel : +353 61 477718

Intel Shannon Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263
Business address: Dromore House, East Park, Shannon, Co. Clare