[Dev] Common/Generic profile images usability

Stanislav Vorobiov s.vorobiov at samsung.com
Thu May 29 08:10:55 GMT 2014

Hi,

Yes, I'm aware of Virgil3D. Virgil3D has a completely different codebase and approach (gallium passthrough /w TGSI shaders, while YaGL is OpenGL ES passthrough /w GLSL shaders),
so it's not possible (and doesn't make sense) to merge them together.
IMO both approaches have their own pros and cons and have the right to coexist. Also, for Virgil3D there's still a lot of work to do
and even more to support all tizen profiles as well as host OSes and GPUs that need to be supported by tizen sdk. Anyway, I think it
would be great to contribute to Virgil3D, but that will not be related to YaGL in any way

Thanks.