[Dev] install wigit in for crosswalk.

McGee, Art amcgee7 at jaguarlandrover.com
Fri May 30 22:40:03 GMT 2014

I've installed the package crosswalk on JAN 15 EOY with the zypper
reference.  I have been unable to install a wigit.

Command:  xwalkctl -i Browser.wgt

Response:  Service 'org.crosswalkproject.Runtime1' could not be reached:
 Error colling StartServiceByName for org.crosswalkproject.Runtime1:
Timeout was reached

I am running this from the console in the wayland gui.

Is there something I'm missing.

On 30 May 2014 14:26, Jones, Brian J <brian.j.jones at intel.com> wrote:

> Art,
>

> Just a heads up that apps need to be launched using the full binary path.
 xwalk-launcher won’t work with Modello apps, this is a known bug that
supposedly just got fixed.  So for now use xwalkctl to get a list of your
apps, then use
/home/app/.config/xwalk-service/applications/<appID>/bin/xwalk-<appID>.

> Otherwise, some of the tizen web APIs will fail and all you’ll get is a
black screen.

http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/ivi/ivi/latest/repos/ivi/ia32/packages
.  You’ll then be able to zypper install crosswalk.

in rpm form, rather than building it yourself.  The current IVI images will
have it pre-installed.

to build the package on Ubuntu 12.04.  It is taking quite some time
currently running the script that came from the cloned repository.  It
seems stuck

> [1:06:43] Still working on:
>
> [1:06:43]   src
>

> I'm currently letting it run.  I'm Running Jan15th EOY release of Tizen
IVI.  Is there a binary rpm I can use to install on this platform.  I've
tried using zypper but I don't know what package that might be in zypper.

> Thanks in advance for all your assistance.  I really want to start moving
our projects to crosswalk.

> --
>
> Art McGee
>
> Infotainment Engineer
>
> Jaguar Land Rover
>
> One World Trade Center, 121 Southwest Salmon Street, 11th Floor,
Portland, Oregon, 97204