[Dev] [Tizen:Common] 'app' user removal
stephane.desneux at open.eurogiciel.org
Fri Oct 3 11:12:07 GMT 2014
After a long quest started in 2013 to support multiuser mode, the 'app' user has
been finally removed from Tizen:Common !
This is effective from the snapshot tizen-common_20141002.2.
For some aspects, the 'app' user is replaced by the 'guest', which becomes now
the only real user on the platform ('guest' is created by mic at image build time).
So to summarize:
- there's no more 'tizen' (already removed from Tizen:Common)
- there's no more 'app', and no other user took the id 5000
- there's only 'root' and 'guest' defined for all profiles
- a profile may add its own users (ex: T:Common has 'alice', 'bob' and 'carol'
- IVI will re-add the 'app' user in kickstart, because some components still
depend on 'app'. But this is now a specificity of IVI.
As a consequence, being unable to launch something with 'app' is NOT a bug :)
It's a feature !
Intel OTC - Vannes/FR
More information about the Dev