[Dev] [Tizen Product-dev] Tizen on MIPS arch

N S S R Murthy nssr.murthy at inedasystems.com
Sat Oct 4 17:32:36 GMT 2014

Hi Philippe,

We are using 3.10.5 Kernel which we have already used to bring up Android on our platform.
We have disabled the Android specific configurations and rebuilt it with TIzen_defconfig. We'll check the feasibility of using 3.14 kernel with SMACK enabled. We have DRM enabled but still need to integrate the PowerVR driver to it.

Our goal as of today is bring up Tizen 2.2 Mobile. We see that in repos, it is using 3.0 kernel.
We surely plan to contribute to the community. But it can take sometime as we still have to bring up our platform.
I cannot say on whether we maintain our platform specific patches ourselves or make them available through mainstream. That's management decision still pending.

On your suggestion, I have create a request on JIRA here: https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TC-1690.

I have tried to some local Tizen builds with Tizen 2.2 for armv7l and I am stuck with errors. I have posted that in a different thread: https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/dev/2014-October/004390.html.
Please suggest on that as well.

Regards,