[Dev] [Tizen:Common] 'app' user removal

Stéphane Desneux stephane.desneux at open.eurogiciel.org
Mon Oct 6 07:03:56 GMT 2014

Hi Tae-Soo,

Please find some answers below.

On 06/10/2014 06:38, 김태수 wrote:
> Hi, Stephane
>
> You wrote that 'app' user has been removed from Tizen:Common and
> there are only 'root' and 'guest' defined for all profiles.

I meant "at image creation time". Of course, other users can be added
later at run time.

> I have some questions like below:
>
> 1. Which user can be the priviledge user?

Probably the first user to be created at first boot (or at image
creation time: this may be decided by the vendor). Anyway, it's probably
the first 'real' user.

> 2. Can there be several priviledge users?

Yes. The privilege flag can be set for any user to make him/her a
privileged user. But only a privileged user can set the flag :)
NB: AFAIK, this is still WIP on Tizen:Common.

> 3. Are normal users added by priviledge user?

Yes, through gumd.

> 4. Is there only one 'guest' user?

Yes. Other guests could be added, but why having more than one ?

Best regards.
--
Stéphane Desneux
Intel OTC - Vannes/FR