[Dev] [Tizen:Common] 'app' user removal

Stoppa, Igor igor.stoppa at intel.com
Mon Oct 6 10:19:55 GMT 2014

On 6 October 2014 13:09, Jussi Laako <jussi.laako at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Multi-seat IVI has multiple guest users. IOW, there's a guest user per seat
> so that two different guests on different seats don't get their data mixed
> up. Guest home directories are cleaned up at logout point and the multiple
> simultaneous guests can have different login/logout times...

But I suppose that those are profile-specific guests, which might even
have broader privileges than the default guest that comes with common.

I dare say that calling them "guests" in IVI is even misleading,
because it might hint at permissions/restrictions that are typically
associated with the "common" guest.

I'd rather call them respectively ivi-guestxx and common-guest, so
that it's always clear what are the associated permissions.

--
cheers, igor