[Dev] [Tizen:Common] 'app' user removal

Baptiste Durand baptiste.durand at open.eurogiciel.org
Mon Oct 6 11:39:33 GMT 2014

> On 6 October 2014 13:09, Jussi Laako <jussi.laako at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> > Multi-seat IVI has multiple guest users. IOW, there's a guest user per
> seat
> > so that two different guests on different seats don't get their data
> mixed
> > up. Guest home directories are cleaned up at logout point and the
> multiple
> > simultaneous guests can have different login/logout times...
>
> But I suppose that those are profile-specific guests, which might even
> have broader privileges than the default guest that comes with common.
>
> I dare say that calling them "guests" in IVI is even misleading,
> because it might hint at permissions/restrictions that are typically
> associated with the "common" guest.

You are rigth.
You are talking about the autoamtoc pre looged user correct?
IVI guest should have access only to a sub set of common applciations.
And don't have the capabilities to install ( etc ...) some applications for
itself or for the system

Yes, the status "guest" of this user is not handled yet by Tizen, it is
planned.

I'd rather call them respectively ivi-guestxx and common-guest, so
> that it's always clear what are the associated permissions.
>

> --
> cheers, igor

Baptiste DURAND
Eurogiciel Vannes/FR