[Dev] Gumd and security-manager integration

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 7 11:30:12 GMT 2014

On 7.10.2014 13:47, Rafał Krypa wrote:
> It seems that proposal for hook support in gumd failed, so we cannot rely on this either.

Script hook support was added. Post-user-add scripts are in
/etc/gumd/useradd.d and pre-user-delete are in /etc/gumd/userdel.d.
There are also corresponding groupadd.d and groupdel.d directories.

> I have an idea for doing it better that I'd like to discuss: provide user management API in security-manager and let security-manager call gumd. This is consistent with the general concept for security-manager and would add just one more security mechanism for it to handle. Then all Tizen logic for
> user management could be implemented there, keeping gumd generic and free of Tizen-specific hacks. Consistency of user configuration would be easy to handle.
>
> What do you think about it? Please share your comments.

I don't mind this, as long as we don't end up in long chains (deep
layering)... gumd interface is still of course there, so it is up to
integrator to decide how they want to do things.