[Dev] [Tizen:Common] 'app' user removal

Stéphane Desneux stephane.desneux at open.eurogiciel.org
Tue Oct 7 12:28:16 GMT 2014

On 06/10/2014 15:48, Jussi Laako wrote:
> On 6.10.2014 14:39, Baptiste Durand wrote:
>> You are rigth.
>> You are talking about the autoamtoc pre looged user correct?
>> IVI guest should have access only to a sub set of common applciations.
>> And don't have the capabilities to install ( etc ...) some applications
>> for itself or for the system
>>
>> Yes, the status "guest" of this user is not handled yet by Tizen, it is
>> planned.
>
> tlm+gumd already handle "guest" users, such as cleaning up the home and
> such. Tlm calls these users with generic term "default user". These can
> be configured per seat.

So we could even drop the 'guest' user created by mic. I'm not sure if
we can create an image without specifying a default user (it was 'tizen'
before, 'guest' now...). This is something to check.

Anyway, if I understand correctly, only the root user should be created.
Other users ('guest', 'guest-common, 'guest-ivi', 'guest-seat0' or
whatever the names) should be added through gumd, during image creation,
correct ?  Is it possible right now ? How ?

--
Stéphane Desneux
Intel OTC - Vannes/FR