[Dev] [Tizen:Common] 'app' user removal

José Bollo jose.bollo at open.eurogiciel.org
Tue Oct 7 13:36:32 GMT 2014

On mar, 2014-10-07 at 14:28 +0200, Stéphane Desneux wrote:
> On 06/10/2014 15:48, Jussi Laako wrote:
> > On 6.10.2014 14:39, Baptiste Durand wrote:
> >> You are rigth.
> >> You are talking about the autoamtoc pre looged user correct?
> >> IVI guest should have access only to a sub set of common applciations.
> >> And don't have the capabilities to install ( etc ...) some applications
> >> for itself or for the system
> >>
> >> Yes, the status "guest" of this user is not handled yet by Tizen, it is
> >> planned.
> >
> > tlm+gumd already handle "guest" users, such as cleaning up the home and
> > such. Tlm calls these users with generic term "default user". These can
> > be configured per seat.
> >

> So we could even drop the 'guest' user created by mic. I'm not sure if
> we can create an image without specifying a default user (it was 'tizen'
> before, 'guest' now...). This is something to check.
>
> Anyway, if I understand correctly, only the root user should be created.
> Other users ('guest', 'guest-common, 'guest-ivi', 'guest-seat0' or
> whatever the names) should be added through gumd, during image creation,
> correct ?  Is it possible right now ? How ?

Stéphane, I'm not aware of how gumd will work inside mic. I've seen a
week ago a mail where dbus in P2P was suggested as a solution. More news
on the state of this problem will be welcome.

I just submitted a review for pwdutils that is tagging the home
directories with the appropriate Smack label.
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/28451

Best regards
José