[Dev] Integration of state management in Weston Wayland.

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Oct 7 14:38:32 GMT 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-07 at 14:20 +0000, Schaufler, Casey wrote:
> > system Apps may have the same issue than Crosswalk, this is why my
> > proposition requires to check that the requesting App has the privilege
> > of AppID Proxy.
>
> Terminology Exception: Please don't use "App" to refer to system services.
> The term "App" should only be applied to the programs launched for the
> enjoyment of the human using the device.

So what do we call a program installed via .rpm which gets invoked by
the user, opens a UI and that doesn't have its own Smack label? Will
there be such executables?

I don't think Lemolo is meant to be a service. It's more like an example
native system application. Will the installation of all such
applications have to change such that they become Apps?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.