[Dev] Integration of state management in Weston Wayland.

Schaufler, Casey casey.schaufler at intel.com
Tue Oct 7 23:43:50 GMT 2014

Good question. If it is otherwise behaving like an App, storing data in
$HOME, providing no other processes with services then it should be
launched like an App, with its own set of application privileges and
Smack label.

If, on the other hand, it is acting more like a system service, but
just happens to only get started when the human decides it needs
to be (e.g. resetting the system time) then it may need to run
outside if the normal native application environment. I don't know
of a case where this would be necessary or appropriate, but I
concede that it is possible.

> I don't think Lemolo is meant to be a service. It's more like an example
> native system application. Will the installation of all such
> applications have to change such that they become Apps?

I believe that you are correct. Lemolo should be repackaged as
a native App, or perhaps a set of native Apps. If Lemolo is the
only sample "user experience" that we have we could make it
a special case, but I would rather use it as a test case for native
application vendor pre-installation.