[Dev] [Tizen:Common] 'app' user removal

Lukasz Wojciechowski l.wojciechow at partner.samsung.com
Wed Oct 8 05:02:21 GMT 2014

W dniu 2014-10-07 15:36, José Bollo pisze:
> On mar, 2014-10-07 at 14:28 +0200, Stéphane Desneux wrote:

>>> tlm+gumd already handle "guest" users, such as cleaning up the home and
>>> such. Tlm calls these users with generic term "default user". These can
>>> be configured per seat.
>>>
>> So we could even drop the 'guest' user created by mic. I'm not sure if
>> we can create an image without specifying a default user (it was 'tizen'
>> before, 'guest' now...). This is something to check.
>>
>> Anyway, if I understand correctly, only the root user should be created.
>> Other users ('guest', 'guest-common, 'guest-ivi', 'guest-seat0' or
>> whatever the names) should be added through gumd, during image creation,
>> correct ?  Is it possible right now ? How ?
> Stéphane, I'm not aware of how gumd will work inside mic. I've seen a
> week ago a mail where dbus in P2P was suggested as a solution. More news
> on the state of this problem will be welcome.
>
> I just submitted a review for pwdutils that is tagging the home
> directories with the appropriate Smack label.
> https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/28451
>
> Best regards
> José

If Rafal's proposal of usage of security-manager (Gumd and
security-manager integration) will be done, then the security-manager
MUST be used to create users both in runtime and during image creation.
If during image creation gumd is not present security-manager can make
use of useradd.

Best regards
Lukasz