[Dev] Mesa declined submit request

Wang, Quanxian quanxian.wang at intel.com
Wed Oct 8 05:29:11 GMT 2014

From: Ylinen, Mikko [mailto:mikko.ylinen at intel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:24 PM
To: Bartosh, Eduard; dev at lists.tizen.org; Wang, Quanxian
Cc: Yury Usishchev
Subject: Re: [Dev] Mesa declined submit request

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 6:47 PM, Bartosh, Eduard <eduard.bartosh at intel.com<mailto:eduard.bartosh at intel.com>> wrote:
Hi,

> Actually OBS cannot resolve dependencies in the right way here. There are two rpm packages with different names that provide same tag. OBS should automatically select newer one from current project instead of old one from linked project, but it doesn't. The error from submission will not occur after request is accepted, as old rpm file will be removed.

Could it be solved by adding 'Obsoletes: libgdm' to the spec for mesa-libgdm? Just a guess, based on reading this wiki: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_dependencies

+1

Quanxian, did you try Ed's proposal?
[Wang, Quanxian] I have added this option in mesa.spec, however in local build, it doesn’t show any difference. If I don’t add it, I still could build weston or cario without conflict. Does I need to verify in obs? But seems I don’t have any permission to do that in obs.  Any suggestion?

Provides: libgdm
Obsoletes: libgdm

-- Mikko