[Dev] Gumd and security-manager integration

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Wed Oct 8 16:08:34 GMT 2014

Hello,

listening at the pros and cons, I have to accept that there is no bad
solution, nevertheless we need to decide for one solution. For 1
requirement offering 2 modes of operation is 1 too much.
As someone need to decide, I "propose" to call gumd from the security
manager for user creation and removal. Login and Logoff are not
concerned and will remain direct call to gumd

@Raphal,
please sync with Jussi on this mailing list on the best way to
encapsulate user creation and provide the right label to the various
files and directories.

Note that to create images we will need the offline-command line mode of
the security manager to be made available.
In that mode user creation should be done by direct call to useradd as
no one would be listening to the gumd notifications.

Regards

Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect
Open Source Technology Centre