[Dev] Alternate EGL implementation

Andriy Prystupa andriy.prystupa at globallogic.com
Thu Oct 9 09:35:12 GMT 2014


For DRI-less mode you can do next things:
- implement EGL wayland extension in GPU GL sources or provide own way to
share EGL surfaces between server and client.
- replace weston dri-backend with own custom implementation.

And thats all, you dont need Mesa in this case.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Vitaly Chernooky <
vitalii.chernookyi at globallogic.com> wrote:

> Andriy,
>
> I have appropriate drm kernel module, and our EGL libraries most likely
> work in dri-less way. At least we don have X11 related stuff.
>
> With best regards,
>
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Andriy Prystupa <
> andriy.prystupa at globallogic.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Vitaly,
>>
>> It depends if you have DRI drivers for your GPU.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Vitaly Chernooky <
>> vitalii.chernookyi at globallogic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Also I'm interested  in any suggestions or guidance in steps to provide
>>> co-existence of few EGL implementations.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Vitaly Chernooky <
>>> vitalii.chernookyi at globallogic.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi All!
>>>>
>>>> In steps to provide accelerated graphic on J6 I've got appropriate GPU
>>>> EGL sources. Now I'm interested in any suggestions or guidance in steps to
>>>> provide binary compatibility with Mesa.
>>>>
>>>> With best regards,
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> *Vitaly Chernooky | Senior Developer - Product Engineering and
>>>> Development*
>>>> GlobalLogic
>>>> P *+380.44.4929695 ext.1136 <%2B380.44.4929695%20ext.1136>* M *+380.98.7920568
>>>> <%2B380.98.7920568>* S cvv_2k
>>>> www.globallogic.com
>>>>
>>>> http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Vitaly Chernooky | Senior Developer - Product Engineering and
>>> Development*
>>> GlobalLogic
>>> P *+380.44.4929695 ext.1136 <%2B380.44.4929695%20ext.1136>* M *+380.98.7920568
>>> <%2B380.98.7920568>* S cvv_2k
>>> www.globallogic.com
>>>
>>> http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Dev mailing list
>>> Dev at lists.tizen.org
>>> https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Andriy Prystupa | SW Engineer
>> GlobalLogic
>> P +x.xxx.xxx.xxxx  M +38.097.330.9412  S prandriy
>> www.globallogic.com
>> <http://www.globallogic.com/>
>> http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt
>>
>
>
>
> --
> *Vitaly Chernooky | Senior Developer - Product Engineering and Development*
> GlobalLogic
> P *+380.44.4929695 ext.1136 <%2B380.44.4929695%20ext.1136>* M *+380.98.7920568
> <%2B380.98.7920568>* S cvv_2k
> www.globallogic.com
>
> http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt
>



-- 

Andriy Prystupa | SW Engineer
GlobalLogic
P +x.xxx.xxx.xxxx  M +38.097.330.9412  S prandriy
www.globallogic.com
<http://www.globallogic.com/>
http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/dev/attachments/20141009/148d3b95/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Dev mailing list