[Dev] [Tizen Product-dev] Tizen on MIPS arch

Andriy Prystupa andriy.prystupa at globallogic.com
Thu Oct 9 11:36:46 GMT 2014

Hi,

This can be done in two steps:
- prepare rootfs with all packages required for building first rpms set.
- chroot in prepared rootfs and build list of src.rpms (near 80). These
rpms will be used as pre-builts.

For this bootstrap procedure we did some helpers scripts:
- it takes sources from Tizen repo and crosscompile them for initial
buildroot
- then it builds list of rpms from source rpms
- we used it to prepare mipsel pre-builts but it can be used for any other
arch after some improvement.

If such tool is interesting for Tizen maintainers we can put it in Tizen
public repo.

Regarding toolchain(binutils, libc, gcc): we dont build separated gcc,
libc, binutils. We split separated cross-toolchain in several rpms:
- qemu-accel - to emulate target compilation with host crosscompiler
- libc - runtime libraries and binaries
- libc-devel - devel files - headers and libraries
- gсс, binutils, etc - fake rpms to emulate target compilation with host
crosscompiler

More details we are going to document for Tizen wiki.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM, N S S R Murthy <nssr.murthy at inedasystems.com
> wrote:

> I found the toolchain repos in "ssh review.tizen.org gerrit ls-projects |
> grep toolchains 2>&1 | tee toolchain.lst" .
> I have attached the list. What are steps to create RPMs for MIPS arch?
>
> Regards,
> Murthy NSSR.

Andriy Prystupa | SW Engineer
GlobalLogic
P +x.xxx.xxx.xxxx  M +38.097.330.9412  S prandriy