[Dev] Path of installed applications

José Bollo jose.bollo at open.eurogiciel.org
Thu Oct 9 12:23:35 GMT 2014

Hi all,

During recent F2F of the security team, we had long discussion about the
packages that have more than one application.

There are some more decisions to finalize this behaviour. One of this
decision is to define the directory layout of the installation. There
are several choices.

Suppose a package whose id is PKG that have two applications whose ids
inside the package are APP1 and APP2. The global ids of these two
applications are GAPP1 and GPP2, they are computed on the base of the
pairs (PKG, APP1) and (PKG, APP2), for example: PKG.APP1 or PKG:APP1.

When installing the package into the directory APPSDIR, what structure
will be chosen?

1) APPSDIR/PGK/APP1 and APPSDIR/PGK/APP2
or
2) APPSDIR/GAPP1 and APPSDIR/GAPP2

IIRC, the choice (2) was pointed out during F2F, but I'm not sure that
it was really discussed. Do you confirm? What would be best?

Best regards
José