[Dev] Gumd and security-manager integration

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Fri Oct 10 12:35:20 GMT 2014

> gumd needs to be able to operate standalone, if not for anything else
> but at least for testing. How would we otherwise test that user
> creation etc works?

Jussi,

sorry to be the bad guy (someone has to be). I only care about Tizen,
how you use gumd outside of Tizen is not of any concern for me.

But in Tizen, the security team has decided that all the management
(creation and removal) of special files (including $HOME and associated
sub dir) will be done by the security manager.
So please do not add any of these action in Tizen-gumd because it will
block its inclusion in Tizen 3.

I asked early this week, please work with Raphal to progress the best
model of integration of the User Create and Delete in the security manager.

Regards.

Dominig